When it comes to Easter we immediately think of chocolate eggs. But, believe it or not, not everyone likes or can have chocolate. So if you are looking something that is definitely healthier that chocolate and a savoury option then look no further.
Eggs are such a fantastic source of protein, contain various vitamins and minerals and are such a versatile food. Eggs are an essential part of my kitchen and thanks to our chickens, something that we always have in. So when it came to thinking of a savoury recipe for Easter I kept coming back to eggs. Eggs are a traditional Easter item and the perfect ingredient to base a recipe on.
These savoury egg muffins make a fantastic addition to either your party buffet or to just keep in the fridge for when you or the kids are wanting a snack. They can be packed with fillings that please everyone and tailored to individual taste.
This is what I did...
Ingredients - makes 15
4 lg free range eggs
1 red pepper, chopped
Handful of spinach, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 carrot, finely grated
Dairy free cheese, grated
Salt and pepper
Pre heat the oven to 180C
1 - Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat
2 - Add the red pepper, spinach, onion, carrot and grated cheese to the eggs and mix thoroughly
3 - Season with salt and pepper
4 - Using a tart tray, spray with spray oil and add about a tablespoon of the egg mixture into each section or if you prefer you can place the mixture into individual ramekins
5 - Place the tray in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until starting to go a golden brown on the top
6 - Once they are cooked, remove from the oven and gently remove from the tin
These lovely little savoury bites can be enjoyed hot fresh from the oven or as a cold snack. What is even better is that this is a healthy snack, tasty and healthy is a win win snack!
For more #FreeFromEaster inspiration check out these amazing recipes!
- Apple, Date and Walnut Hot Cross Buns from The Peachick's Bakery
- Berry Breakfast Easter Nests from Free From Farmhouse
- Chocolate, Marshmallow Crispie Squares from The Intolerant Gourmand
- Easter Rocky Road from Cherished by Me
- Quick Chocolate Cream Nests from Glutarama
- No Bake Creme Egg Biscuit Cake from The Gluten Free Alchemist
- Hot Cross Buns from Free From Fairy
- Free From Vegan Easter Fruit and Nut Chocolates from Sneaky Veg
- Mini Simnel Cakes & Mini Egg Brownies from Easy Peasy Foodie
- Spiced Carrot Muffins from The Adventures of an Allergy Mum
- Easter Fairy Cakes from Dairy Free Kids
- Gluten Free Vegan Biscuits from Le Coin de Mel
- Mummy Tries
- Eats Amazing