I first told you about my new favourite combination when I shared my Full of Energy Porridge. Ever since trying banana, cinnamon and peanut I have loved the combination and have been thinking of other ways to enjoy it. What better way than in a cake!
Friday, 29 April 2016
Thursday, 28 April 2016
Every month I love it when the delivery man arrives with my Degustabox. I have learnt that the best time to open the box is when the children are not around. If they are with me as I open it, their hands dive it and the contents vanish!
In the March box we found lots of delicious sweet treats, well it was Easter time wasn't it and there is not better excuse! As well as the sweet treats there were breakfast delights for on the go and other ingredients.
This is what arrived in the March Degustabox...
- Pipers Crisp Co - These crisps are really tasty and are a high quality crisp. Pipers cook locally sourced potatoes for their crisps and use regional suppliers. They make a great snack as well as a crispy topping for a baked pasta dish!
- Metcalfe's Skinny Popcorn - Who doesn't love a sweet treat that is a tasty skinny version? Metcalfe's Skinny popcorn a incredibly moreish. Once you start nibbling at their cinema sweet popcorn you will find it hard to stop!
- Lindt Bunny - Lindt has to be a favourite chocolate of mine so I was pleased to see one of their famous bunnies in my Degustabox. However, this bunny, was a white chocolate bunny. I am not usually a fan of white chocolate but, as always, Lindt did not disappoint. This is one brand of white chocolate that I will have again!
- Parle - We received two different varieties of Parle biscuits, a savoury salt biscuit and a chocolate chip biscuit. I was not keen on the savoury biscuits but the children did enjoy them, but I will admit to hiding away the chocolate chip biscuits! Yes, I kept them hidden away from little fingers. They were so good and a perfect size for a little sweet treat!
- Chewits - Chewits are not a new sweet, but they are celebrating their 50th birthday this year! They did bring back childhood memories of buying sweets!
- Karyatis - This Meze to go is a handy way to enjoy the taste of the Mediterranean while on the go. The sweet, smokey roasted pepper and feta dip comes with crunchy rosemary crackers.
Wednesday, 27 April 2016
A few weeks ago I introduced you to my latest kitchen gadget, the Panasonic Slow Juicer. Ever since I received the slow juicer for the purpose of my review I have enjoyed experimenting and making different juices. Today I thought that I would share with you on of my favourite juices so far.
There is something so satisfying about having a delicious glass of green goodness. As you drink it, you know that it is doing you good, while tasting so refreshing.
There are just four ingredients in this juice, but each and every one has an important role in boosting our health.
- Spinach - This green vegetable is not only full of essential vitamins and minerals such as iron but is also well known for restoring energy and increases vitality.
- Granny Smith Apples - These crisp, green apples contain a high level of antioxidants and are naturally low in calories yet high in dietary fibre.
- Cucumber - With the skin kept on, cucumber is 95% water but does contain a good level of vitamin K.
- Lime - Limes contain less vitamin C than lemons but still remains a fantastic source and give this juice a zingy kick of citrus
This is what I did...
Tuesday, 26 April 2016
I love buying stew packs of vegetables. They are such good value and full of delicious root vegetables. There are so many different meals that you can make with one simple bag of vegetables. Today I am sharing one of our favourite meals. This dish can be made using any left over vegetables that you may have after a Sunday dinner or you can pop to Aldi spend just £1.39 on a stew bag and make a hearty meal that is well within budget!
This is what I did...
Monday, 25 April 2016
Wow another week has flown by! Round Up time certainly is coming round quickly. There were so many great recipes shared last week, thank you. I thought that I had selected the four recipes that I wanted to feature this week. That was until I saw a certain sweet treat that I knew I had to feature. So I had to re think my theme completely.
This week my theme is a balanced diet. Healthy, fresh main meals with a good helping of sweet treats to finish off with.
Before I go on and tell you about my favourite four recipes I want to say thank you to everyone who joined in last week. It is great to see so many people returning each week as well as new people joining in. Tomorrow CookBlogShare is being hosted by Mandy at Sneaky Veg. I look forward to seeing what you have been cooking up and blogging about.
Now on to this weeks round up. Here are my four favourite recipes from CookBlogShare week 16...
Last weeks meal planning tactics were a huge success. When it came to shopping we had nearly empty fridges. So you would have thought that I would have continued this week wouldn't you? Well, no! I did my shopping and completely forgot to meal plan in advance. This was due to doing a quick, last minute online order. But, I am planning to write my meal plan before shopping this week.
This week the hubby has contributed to the meal plan by giving me some meal ideas that he has seen in his Men's Health magazine. I have liked that he has given me some ideas and told me some of the meals that he would like this week.
This is what we will be enjoying this week...
Week Commencing 25th April 2016
Monday - Homemade Salmon Fish Cakes
I love fish cakes so this week I thought that I would make my own and we will have them with potato wedges and vegetables.
Tuesday - Slow Cooked Lamb Stew
The other week I cooked a slow cooked Lamb Shank Stew which was a huge success. So when I saw that Ocado had half legs of lamb reduced I knew what I would do with it!