Today I thought I would share a delicious smoothie that I have been enjoying. We have found that having a smoothie for breakfast has been keeping us going until after lunch time! They are so filling and you know that they are giving you so many health benefits in just one glass.
This smoothie uses...
- Strawberries which are a fantastic source of antioxidant boosting vitamin C and manganese. They are also good sources of copper, biotin, magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin B6.
- Raspberries are a rich source of dietary fibre, antioxidants, vitamin C, plus minerals like manganese, potassium and iron.
- Blueberries are a good source of vitamin K and C, fibre, manganese and other antioxidants.
- Mint contains a super high amount of antioxidants as well as calcium, phosphorus and vitamins C and A.
- Chia seeds are jam packed with omega 3 fatty acids. There is a whopping 5g in every 1oz serving. Omega 3 fatty acids are essential for brain health. They are my favourite 'super food' ingredient at the moment and I add them to everything that I can!
- Soya milk is high in essential fatty acids, proteins, fibre, vitamins and minerals
This is what I did...
A 'Berry' Good Start Smoothie
Ingredients - per serving
2 hand fulls of blueberries
6 mint leaves
1tbsp chia seeds
200mls soya milk
Simply place all of the ingredients in a blender or smoothie maker and blitz! Serve with a mint leave and enjoy!