It is that time of the month when I share with you the goodies that came in my last Degustabox. I love the surprise and anticipation of opening the monthly box and seeing what goodies have arrived and what I can do with them. I still get excited about trying and discovering new products and being able to share the foodie finds with you. This month was no exception, there are so many ways that the contents can be used. Today I am going to share with you just one recipe using one of the products. But first let me show and tell you about what I found in the August Degustabox...
- NutriPot - Lighterlife Nutrition Limited have created healthy fast food meals for on the go. Each pot contains 50% of your daily vitamin and mineral needs. They are high in protein to keep you going for longer, low in saturated fats and contain no added sugar, artificial colours or preservatives. Simply add boiling water and enjoy!
- Get More Vitamin Drinks - Sparkling Lemon and Lime drink that contains 100% of your daily nutrient intake of vitamin C, thiamine (vitamin B1), niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B12, vitamin B6, biotin (vitamin B7), pantothenic acid (B5) and 25% of your daily need of magnesium and zinc. Not only are they good for you but are a lovely, refreshing drink.
- Fentimans - The lime theme continues with this sparkling drink from Fentimans. They have paired the citrus fruit with a favourite flavour of mine, jasmine. This drink is perfect as it is or paired with a nice gin!
- Clipper - Clipper teas bring us more lime with their lime and ginger green tea. I have found that the lime has given the green teas an extra kick of citrus flavours than the traditional lemon and ginger. If you like citrus and green tea you will love these!
- Mahou - Mahou bring us their Cinco Estrellas Cerveza (five star beer) all the way from the Spanish capital Madrid. This is such a light beer that is perfect to drink on a hot summers day!
- Oloves - This is the product that features in today's recipe. Olives are one of our favourite snacks and pasta ingredient. Oloves are not just regular olives they have been combined with chilli and oregano to give them a burst of deliciously natural flavours.
- Capsicana - I am yet to try the Brazilian Chilli and Coconut Sauce but it is based on a classic Brazilian dish called Moqueca which is a flavoursome stew that contains fish.
- Tabasco - If you enjoy spicy food you will no doubt know about Tabasco sauce. Now Tabasco bring you a sweet and sticky barbecue sauce that is made for drizzling and marinading. It will be perfect for pulled pork or chicken!
- Geeta's Foods - This month there were four products from Geeta's. I received two Rogan Josh pastes, one Tikka curry paste and a mango chutney. Each sachet contains enough to make a curry to serve two people.
- Rakusen's - Rakusen's Snackers are flame baked mini crackers that come in both plain and gluten free varieties.
- Willy Chase's - Willy Chase's Fit Popcorn is produced at Chase Farm in Herefordshire using their very own corn and popped by hand, they do not use fryers. All of the ingredients are locally sourced so you know that you will be getting a healthy popcorn!
- Dorset Cereals - Bircher cereals are my go to cereals, they really are my favourite way to start the day. I have tried Dorset Cereals bircher cereal before. You can find some of my recipe ideas in my blog post.
Now onto my recipe. This is what I did...
300g wholegrain pasta
1 courgette, sliced and halved
1 red pepper, chopped
1 portabello mushroom, chopped
1 aubergine, peeled and chopped
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 pack of Chilli and Oregano Oloves Olives
50g matured cheddar cheese, grated
1 - Cook the pasta as per instructions
2 - Heat a little olive oil in a deep pan and gently fry the vegetables for 10 minutes stirring regularly
3 - Add the Oloves olives and the chopped tomatoes
4 - Bring to the boil and simmer for the flavours to develop for 5 minutes
5 - Drain the pasta and combine with the vegetable sauce
6 - Place the pasta and sauce into a serving dish, sprinkle over the grated cheese and place under a high grill until the cheese is all melted
The chilli and oregano olives added an extra kick of flavour to this simple dish. This meal is perfect as a mid week meal when time is short but you want a healthy, easy meal.
Have you tried Degustabox?
Would you like to try them and save a whopping £7.00 off your first box?
If so then simply add the promotion code BLDEG15 at the checkout!
Pin me for later!
Disclosure: I receive a monthly Degustabox for the purpose of the posts. No cash payment was received, all views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.