The week when it is my turn to host, is always a week I look forward to. Hosting gives me the perfect excuse to sit back and read your posts. Since I started working full time I have found that I never stop and really do miss having the time to dedicate to reading blogs like I did before. During term time I tend to be more quiet but working in a school means that I have lots of holidays which gives me the ideal time to catch up. In two and a half weeks we all break up for the Easter holidays so we are all well and truly on the count down.
Usually at this time of year I am looking at making more spring time recipes but thanks to the great British weather that we have been having, snow, rain, wind, etc. I am still swaying towards warming, comforting meals. So it is not surprising that this week it was the warming soups that won me over and a necessary side dish to go with them!
Here are my four favourite recipes from week 10 of #CookBlogShare...
The following soup from Everyday Healthy Recipes is an all time favourite of mine but Monika's soup has an added extra. This Roasted Pepper, Quinoa and Basil Soup has an enticingly vibrant colour and the addition of quinoa makes this a filling bowl with added goodness!
The third soup that I chose this week is another recipe that features Jerusalem artichoke but combined with a different vegetable. Jo's Kitchen Larder shared this Jerusalem Artichoke and Carrot Soup. Jo has kept the ingredients and flavours simple which has created a soup which I cannot wait to make!
For me, if you have a bowl of soup, you must have some fresh bread to dip. That is where the fourth and final recipe in this round up comes in. This Algerian Semolina Bread from Jess Eats and Travels looks and sounds like the ideal accompaniment to any of these three warming soups.
Now on to this weeks linky I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up. Before I share the linky let me just recap the rules.
- Add the badge to the post that you are sharing so that others can find the linky.
- You can add up to 4 recipes, old and new recipes welcome but please do not add posts that you have shared in the past.
- Comment on either this post or the post that I have linked up and labelled HOST.
- Comment on some of the other recipes that have been shared.
- If you Tweet me at @k_phillipson I will retweet and not forgetting if you tag my lovely co-hosts Eb Easy Peasy Foodie at @easypeasyfoodie, Jacqui Recipes Made Easy at @jacdotbee and Monika Everyday Healthy Recipes at @MonikasRecipes I am sure that they will share your posts!
- Over the week I will be commenting, Tweeting and pinning all of your recipes!
Now over to you.
Have a great week x