If there is one foodie event that we all love it has to be pancake day. What is there not to love? It is the one day that you can have as many pancakes that you want without feeling guilty! But with me following the Slimming World eating plan and the hubby having so much success with the FODMAP eating plan we really do not want to undo the hard work. This got me thinking as to how I can adapt the classic pancake into one that is not just healthier but also one that is going to keep everybody's tummies happy.
When I saw that this week Aldi had included bananas in their fantastic Super6 offer I got stocked up. Everyone loves bananas here so I knew that if I used them as the base for this years pancakes they would go down well and priced at just 69p I can buy plenty as once you have tried these pancakes you will need to make more!
This is what I did...
Ingredients - makes 18 small pancakes
2 bananas approx 100g each, chopped
1 tbsp sweetener
2 tsp vanilla essence
Oil, I used spray oil
1 - Using a blender place all of the ingredients in the blender and blitz together until you have a smooth batter
2 - Heat a crepe pan or frying pan over a medium to high heat and when it has heated spray a light covering of oil
3 - Spoon the batter into the pan, I used 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake
4 - Leave to cook for a couple of minutes, you will see that the batter will start to bubble up as the air comes out
5 - Gently flip over the pancakes and cook for a further minute or until golden brown then remove from the pan
6 - Repeat until you have cooked all of the pancakes
How you serve the pancakes is completely up to you! They can be adapting according to personal preference. I enjoyed mine with slices of banana served on the top while J drizzled over golden syrup! If you are following the Slimming World eating plan each pancake is just 0.5 syns!
This week Aldi have got some fantastic special buys for Shrove Tuesday. Check out my top buys to help you make the perfect pancakes!
If you would like more free from ideas for pancake day, check out these delicious recipes:
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Pancakes from Mummy Tries
- Perfect Free From Pancakes from The Intolerant Gourmand
- Easy Free From Pancakes in a Jar from The Free From Fairy
- Apple and Cinnamon Pancakes from Glutarama
- Vegan and Gluten Free Chia Seed Pancakes from Free From Farmhouse
- Banana Pancakes from Le Coin de Mel
- Coconut Pancakes from Cherished By Me
- Grain and Dairy Free Pancakes with Almond and Banana from Paleo Crust
- Coconut and Lime Free From Pancakes from The Peachicks' Bakery
- Classic Lemon and Sugar Pancakes from Dairy Free Kids
- Oat, Almond and Banana Pancakes from Easy Peasy Foodie
- Beetroot and Buttermilk Pancakes from The Gluten Free Alchemist
How do you like your pancakes? Over the next week I will be sharing another delicious way to make healthy pancakes!
Pin me for later!
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post