Have you seen the latest craze on social media where parents ask their children a series of questions? As you can imagine the answers to the vary from child to child dependent on age and gender. But you can guarantee that the answers will portray a variety of sentiments. They really do give us a glimpse into their imaginative minds. So when Shepherds Friendly asked me if I would like to have a go and ask the children a series of questions I thought it would be a great idea. I love the idea of asking the same set of questions next January to compare their answers as they get older.
Their answers made me smile, made me giggle, made me gasp and, of course, made my heart melt. This is what they said...
20 Questions to Ask your Children by J aged 12, I aged 4 and T aged 4
1 - What is your favourite colour?
- J - Blue
- I - Pink
- T - Rainbow
2 - Who is your best friend?
- J - Edward
- I - Harry
- T - Mummy (Awwww!)
3 - What is your favourite TV programme?
- J - The Simpsons
- I - Frozen
- T - Batman
4 - What do you want to be when you grow up?
- J - Wrestler
- I - Hairdresser
- T - Astronaut
5 - What car do you want to have when you grow up?
- J - McLaren P1 (Wow!)
- I - A pink one that I can drive
- T - A coloured car
6 - If you could go anywhere in the world on holiday, where would you go?
- J - Spain
- I - Spain
- T - Where we went on holiday (Carnival Mediterranean cruise)
7 - Do you want to get married one day?
- J - Yes
- I - Yes
- T - No
8 - How many children would you like?
- J - 1 to 3
- I - 100 (No way!!)
- T - 1
9 - What age are you when you become an adult?
- J - 18
- I - 49 (So that means I am not yet an adult!)
- T - 10 (Dream on!)
10 - What are you good at?
- J - Football
- I - Riding bikes
- T - Being happy and playing with Mummy (Awwww!)
11 - If you had a superpower, what would it be?
- J - Metamorphic (Wow!)
- I - Super girl
- T - I don't know
12 - If you had one wish, what would it be?
- J - To have a super power
- I - To always have Mummy
- T - To have 2 twins, but now I only have 1, my sister (twins and J are more than enough thank you!)
13 - What do I do as a job?
- J - Blog about food (Gold star!)
- I - Does work on the computer (True!)
- T - Makes tea and lunch!
14 - What are you scared of?
- J - Spiders and creepy noises
- I - Being alone (Bless!)
- T - Dinosaurs in my house
15 - What is your favourite song?
- J - Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
- I - Rose Tattoo (Dropkick Murphys)
- T - Star Wars
16 - What is your favourite class at school?
- J - PE
- I - Counting raisins
- T - The train track and junk modelling
17 - What is something I always say to you?
- J - Yes (Really?)
- I - I love you (Awwww, yes I do say it a lot!)
- T - Go and tidy your room!
18 - What's the hardest thing you've ever done?
- J - English test
- I - Tidying up (True!)
- T - Having help with jigsaws when they are hard
19 - What makes you happy?
- J - Having fun and watching TV
- I - When I have got lots of friends
- T - Being with Mummy (Awwww!)
20 - What makes you sad?
- J - Getting told off, being bullied and getting forced to do things (I did ask and he is not being bullied!)
- I - Being alone, with no one
- T - When someone has no food, that will make me sad
How do you think your children would answer these questions? Why don't you ask them and see, they may surprise you!
This activity was produced by Shepherds Friendly Society who offer a range of savings plans including a junior isa.
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post