It is that time of the month when I share with you what foodies treat arrived in Septembers Degustabox. As with each month, the box contained a wide variety of products from snacks to drinks, from desserts to lunches. There really is something for everyone each month.
Today I am going to tell you about all of the products that arrived and share a dish that I have made using one of the products that came in the Degustabox.
- Metcalfes - A dark chocolate treat that is both delicious as well as light. The popcorn base has been topped with the finest Italian chocolate.
- Get Fruity - This Tangy Pineapple, Coconut and Lime bar is 100% natural and made from gluten free oats and virgin coconut oil. It contains so refined sugar and is produced on a nut free site.
- Say Yes to No - These toasted bread chips are so moreish! They contain no artificial colours or flavours.
- Hartley's - These little pots of jelly, went down a treat and had disappeared thanks to the kids as soon as they saw them!
- Mrs Crimble's - We have tried Mrs Crimble's products before but have never seen the gluten free pasta before. This is a product that we are excited to try!
- Chia Bia - We love chia seeds and were not disappointed with these ones.
- Miso Tasty - Miso soup is made from 12 month fermented rice and this soup has been paired with wakame and spring onion which comes in separate sachets to retain the true miso flavours.
- Cirio - I have featured Cirio's borlotti beans in today's recipe. These beans are ready to eat and are delicious in a salad.
- Teisseire - This raspberry and cranberry squash contains zero sugar and gives water a lovely refreshing twist! Perfect for this sober October!
- Cape Drinks - Both the sparkling pineapple and passion fruit and the sparkling peach and lychee drinks are made with rooibos tea and a full of anti oxidants.
As you can see the products are all that little bit different from what you usually find in the supermarket and that is what we like most about Degustabox.
Now let me tell you about how I used the borlotti beans in a quick and easy salad!
This is what I did...
Beetroot, Goats Cheese and Borlotti Bean Salad
75g mixed leaf salad
1 small fresh beetroot, thinly sliced
Goats cheese, cubed
1 x 150g tin of borlotti beans
1tbsp truffle oil
1tbsp balsamic oil
1 - Mix the truffle oil with the balsamic vinegar in a bowl
2 - Place the mixed leaves in a large mixing bowl, add the borlotti beans and pour over the oil
3 - Mix the ingredients thoroughly
4 - Serve the oil coated vegetables on a plate, top with the slices of beetroot and scatter the cubes of goats cheese. I have not added an amount as you can add as much or as little as you wish!
This is such a quick and easy lunch and can easily be packed in a box and taken out. The truffle oil combines perfectly with the balsamic to create an easy yet full of flavour dressing. The beetroot that I have used in this recipe was freshly picked from the garden, but you can use any fresh beetroot.
If you would like to try Degustabox yourself they are offering Hijacked By Twins readers the chance to receive a whopping £7.00 off your first box when you add the promotional code BLDEG15 at the checkout!
Disclosure: I receive a monthly Degustabox for the purpose of my posts. No cash payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.