Every Friday the hubby and I enjoy our weekly date night. It is a night for just the two of us. Once the twinnies are in bed and J is upstairs playing or watching television the hubby and I tuck into some delicious food, paired with a glass of wine and watch a movie. One of our favourite foods to enjoy has to be cheese, cold meats and wine. Sometimes knowing which cheeses to choose can be difficult so today I thought that I would share with you my top cheese and cold meat selections from Aldi. Cheeses can sometimes be expensive, depending on the type of cheese you enjoy, but in true Aldi style, they offer the best cheeses at unbeatable prices.
- Breaded Goats Cheese - We love baked cheese so when I saw that Aldi sold breaded goats cheese bites that are ready to bake I could not wait to try them. Simply pop them in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for just 4 minutes! They are delicious served with a dipping chutney.
- Specially Selected Parmigiano Reggiano - You will always find a block of this 30 month matured aromatic Italian cheese in my fridge. It is perfect for both salads and pasta dishes as well as shavings with fresh bread and oils.
- Goats Cheese - I am definitely a fan of mature cheeses but for goats cheese I certainly do make an exception. The smooth creaminess of this French goats cheese is the perfect cheese to spread on crackers or oat cakes.
- Manchego - This is a cheese that I fell in love with while living in Gran Canaria. Manchego is a ewes cheese that originates from the La Mancha region in Spain. The nutty rich flavours go hand in hand with either Parma ham or Serrano ham.
- Mature Blue Stilton - No cheese board is complete without a blue cheese and no blue cheese is complete without a glass of red wine! This Long Clawson mature blue Stilton has an even balance of creaminess with the sharpness from the blue.
- Vintage Reserve Crunchy Cheddar - I adore the added texture in Aldi's Specially Selected 30 months matured West County Vintage Reserve Crunchy Cheddar. It has a strong flavour combined with a crumbly, creamy finish that simply leave you wanting more!
Whether you are a fan of Continental meats or good old British meats Aldi have something for you. I have chosen my two favourite Continental meats and my two favourite British meats...
- Specially Selected Bresaola - This is a favourite of the hubby. This authentic Italian beef has been air dried for 28 days which leaves it with a wonderfully rich flavour. Aldi source their Bresaola from the Valtellina region of the Italian Alps.
- Prosciutto Di Parma Ham - Parma ham is a classic Continental ham, this sweet, rich ham originates from the hills of northern Italy and has been cured in sea salt for a minimum of 14 months.
- Wiltshire Cured Honey Ham - Aldi's Specially Selected finely sliced honey ham is from outdoor bred, British pigs. It has been traditionally cured in aged brine then delicately roasted with honey.
- British Salt Seasoned Roast Topside of Beef - This incredibly lean beef is farm assured beef that has been seasoned with salt and roasted gently for extra succulence.
Do you have a regular date night that involves food? If so what are your foodie treats?
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post.