It is that time of the month when I share a delicious recipe that I have made using some ingredients from the most recent Degustabox. As always the contents of the box did not disappoint. In fact as soon as I opened the box I immediately knew how I was going to use the ingredient in today's recipe and made it that very night.
Before I tell you all about this months Degustabox recipe let me tell you about the other products that arrived...
- Sacla Pesto Pots - This is the ingredient that I have used in today's recipe. I love pesto but often find that once I open a jar, it goes in the fridge and I forget all about it, so end up throwing it in the bin. But these handy little pesto pots are an ideal size for a meal and saves on food waste.
- Bakedin - The mug brownie pots from Bakedin make one, perfectly rich chocolate brownie in a mug. All you need to add is some butter and milk or water to create a freshly baked brownie.
- Miracle Noodle - These noodles are healthy, low calorie and guilt free.The Miracle Noodle Penne that came contains just 5 calories, they are gluten free, soya free, cholesterol free and vegan.
- Smooze - Smooze are natural, freeze at home ice pops that are made from 40% coconut milk and 50% fresh fruit juice and puree. They are 100% vegan, free of artificial additives, preservatives and all major allergens. They contain 40% less fat, sugar and calories than other frozen ice pops.
- Belgian Butters - Belgian Butters Waffle Crisps are a traditional, all butter, speciality biscuit. The recipe for these biscuits have been passed down from generation to generation. They were originally baked as gifts and they really do please everyone that tries them!
- Haywards - I love pickled onions and Haywards Medium and Tangy silverskins provide a classic taste with an extra twist. They go perfectly with cheese.
- Butterkist - Butterkist have created a new low calorie popcorn which certainly does help the sweet tooth! Their creamy yogurt coated popcorn is perfect for a movie night!
- Marstons - Wych Wood King Star larger is a crafted, artisan beer. The Hubby loves craft beers and this one was no exception.
- Branston - For your barbecue's this summer Branston have the perfect relish that will give your burgers and added kick of flavour. Their relish with chilli and jalapeno will certainly spice up your meal!
- Heinz - Amoy rich and creamy coconut milk made from ripe, fresh coconuts from plantations in Thailand. This coconut milk adds a delicious, creaminess to any curry.
- Schwartz - Herb and spice giants Schwartz have brought the American Smokehouse to your house with their flavour sachets. Simply add the flavours to the mince, shape, cook and enjoy!
- Zeo - The Zeo Cloudy Lemonade is made using 98% spring water and blended with naturally extracted flesh from succulent lemons. This lemonade was so full of flavour, perfect on it's own or with a splash of gin!
Now on to this months Degustabox recipe. This is what I did...
Green Pesto Pasta
1 head of broccoli, cut into bite sized florets
1 leek, quartered and sliced
2 Sacla pesto pots
1 tsp olive oil
1 - Cook the pasta as per instructions, then drain
2 - Place the broccoli and peas in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes, then drain
3 - Heat the olive oil in a large pan
4 - Add the leeks and gently cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly
5 - Place the cooked pasta in the pan with the leeks and add the broccoli and peas, mix thoroughly together
6 - Pour over the pesto pots, I love pesto so have added two pots but if you like it more mild just use the one
7 - Serve immediately with fresh Parmesan grated over the top
This month Degustabox are not offering a £6.00 discount. They are offering Hijacked By Twins readers a whopping £7.00 off their first box! Simply use the code BLDEG15 at the checkout!
Disclosure: I received the Degustabox for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.