For this months Degustabox post I thought that I would share with you a recipe that I made with the twins. Each month Degustabox comes with a wide variety of products that can be enjoyed as they are or they can be used to create delicious meals and treats.
Today I am sharing with you an easy chocolate chip cupcake recipe that the twins love to make. This month we received a jar of Canderel Sugarly in the Degustabox so we substituted caster sugar for the sweetener to see how the cakes turned out. Canderel Sugarly looks and tastes like sugar but without the calories!
Before I tell you how we got on let me tell you about the contents of April's Degustabox.
- Green Lady - This sparkling green darjeeling tea had to be my favourite product of the month. It is such a refreshing drink and one that I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it in the future!
- Rejuvenation Water - I received the apple and mint water and loved the crisp, clean flavour. Rejuenation water is made using Derbyshire spring water and is enriched with amino acids.
- Thor Dry Apple Spritz - These sparkling beverages are made with natural ingredients using less sugar for a drier and crisper taste. The hubby tried the ginger one as I am not keen on ginger drinks while I had the apple and mint which I did enjoy.
- Parle - I was amazed to learn that Parle G biscuits have been around for over 87 years! They are a lovely milk biscuit and reminded me of small malted milks. I was not as keen on the Parle Rusk. They contain cardamom, which I usually like, but I could not decided whether these biscuits were meant as a sweet or a savoury.
- Pop Chips - I have had Pop Chips in the past and have enjoyed them so I was keen to try new, limited edition flavour of sea salt, garlic and rosemary. They did not disappoint. What I like most about Pop Chips is that they are full of flavour and contain less than half the fat of regular fried crisps.
- Milky Bar and Smarties - The Milky Bar Milk and Crunchy bars were a new snack for us. The kids, and I, loved them. They come in a pack of 4 and are an ideal snack size. Joseph was pleased to have the Smarties sharing block, whether he shared is another matter!
- Canderel Sugarly - This is what I have used in this cupcake recipe. Canderel Sugarly looks and tastes like sugar but without the calories!
- Bebeto - Joseph loved taking these fruit string packs in his packed lunch. They contain 85% fruit juice and are suitable for both vegetarians and vegans. The only down side is that I have not found where to buy them from so if anyone knows please let me know!
- Veetee - Veetee microwavable rice is a great product to keep for when you need some rice in a hurry! Simply place in the microwave and you have perfect rice in minutes!
- Levi Root - Coat n Cook sauces are a quick and easy way to add big, bold flavours to your dish. No need to marinade, simply pour over, cook and eat!
As you can see a wide variety of products come each month from Degustabox. There are sweet treats, meal ingredients and even drinks. Each month you are guaranteed to find new products to try as well as products that will inspire your creative side in the kitchen. If you would like to try out Degustabox for yourself I can offer Hijacked By Twins readers £6.00 off your first box! But first, here is my easy cupcake recipe which is ideal for baking with children!
Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Using the sweetener instead of sugar made no real difference to the cake apart from reducing the calorie content! I did reduce down the amount used, normally I would use 100g caster sugar but with the Canderel Sugarly they recommend that you use half the quantity. The twins loved making these easy cupcakes and I am sure we will be making them again.
To claim your £6.00 discount simply visit Degustabox, register and use the promotional code BLDEG15 at the checkout.
Disclosure: I received a Degustabox for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.