I love discovering new kitchen gadgets and utensils that make cooking and food preparation easier. When cooking and preparing foods having a good set of knives is essential.
The knives that I currently use are good, but I have been looking for some that were better and ones that would last. So when I was asked if I would like to try out Edge of Belgravia Precision Knives and Black Diamond Knife Block I was curious to see if these would be the knives that I have been looking for.
Edge of Belgravia are one of the world most innovative brand of chefs knives. They offer a contemporary design along side high tech materials and supremely sharp stainless steal knives which make their knives an irreplaceable piece of kitchen equipment. Edge of Belgravia was established in London in 2010 and officially launched in 2012 make them a relatively new brand which really has gained high acclaim in a short period of time.
The complete set of precision chef knives comes with...
- Bread Knife - If you bake or buy non sliced bread you will know that a good, sharp bread knife is a necessity. If you have a knife which is not good the loaf ends up squashed during slicing and you do not get a clean slice of bread. The Edge of Belgravia bread knife slices easily through both cold and warm bread.
- Chef's Knife - This knife has a non stick coating which enables it to easily slice through even the toughest of vegetable.
- Deba Knife - This knife is inspired by the traditional Japanese salmon knives. This knife is only ground on one side which enables a good clean cut. This knife is perfect for slicing fish and even fruit and vegetables.
- Paring Knife - This little knife is ideal for slicing small fruits.
With the complete set I have found that with just the four knives I have all the knives that I need to prepare foods for cooking and eating.
Priced at £69.90 for the complete set I believe that this is a really good price for the quality of knives that you get.
Edge of Belgravia and London designer Christian Bird have created this futuristic knife block. The block holds up to 11 knives in a float block that has sharp angles that represent the angles of a rough diamond. This is an open block so if you do have children in the home it is best kept out of their reach as little hands would easily fit through the gaps. Most kitchen knives will fit into this block. It will be a great addition to any kitchen with a modern, contemporary design.
I was also sent a Black Diamond Knife Block, with a retail price of £89.90, for the purpose of this review which I am going to giveaway to a lucky Hijacked By Twins reader.
To be in with the chance of winning this knife block simply complete the mandatory sections on the Rafflecopter below and complete as many of the optional ones as you like.
Terms and Conditions
- The knife block has been used for the purpose of this review.
- Once the winner has been notified they have 7 days to respond to their email. If no contact is made a new winner will be selected.
- The prize will be sent out via Royal Mail second class, signed for post. I will retain the receipt and once the prize has been sent I cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.
- No alternative prize is available.
- The giveaway runs from 00:00 03/10/15 until 00:00 31/10/15
- Open to UK residents only