Choosing quick, nutritious meals is really important in our house, and meal planning helps us to use up items lurking in the back of the freezer and cupboards. This recipe is one of those where I just
fancied making something and made up the recipe with a little bit of research.
Coconut Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Rice for two people
• 2 peppers
• 4 chicken thighs (boneless)
• 3 tablespoons coconut
• 2 slices of bread
• 150g rice
• 3 tablespoons peas (I used frozen)
• Sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional)
• 1 egg
• Rosemary and salt to season
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Pre-heated the oven to 180C.
2. Put a kettle full of water on to boil.
3. Chop up the peppers.
4. When the oven is hot, place the chopped peppers on a tray and drizzle with olive oil, using rosemary and salt to reason. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Put the rice in the pan and cover it was boiling water. Place a lid on the pan, remembering to stir it after 10 minutes.
6. Toast the bread, and once toasted put it in a food processor or blender to make breadcrumbs.
7. Beat the egg into a bowl.
8. Mix the breadcrumbs, coconut and chilli flakes in a bowl.
9. Place a frying pan on a medium to high heat.
12. Add the peas to the rice and let the rice cook for another 10 minutes with the lid on.
13. Turn over the peppers in the oven.
14. After the chicken has been frying for 10 minutes, turn it over.
15. Remove the peppers from the oven after they have been roasting for a total of 20 minutes. Put them to the side.
16. Drain the rice.
17. Mix the roasted peppers into the rice and pea mixture.
18. The chicken should now be cooked after 10 minutes on each side.
tastes or what you have in the house, including changing the vegetables (courgettes and carrots would work well too) to adding more spices into your coconut and breadcrumb mixture.