Finding the right place to go, the right family accommodation, planning meals while away, activities to do, the packing, the list goes on and on.
At the moment we are getting ready to go on a holiday of our own. I always find the run up to holiday the stressful part. Remembering to pack everything, knowing what we will need while we are away, scheduling posts so Hijacked By Twins keeps ticking over and making sure we have a shopping delivery arriving on the day we return.
Knowing how stressed I get, I was delighted to receive a pamper kit from Al Fresco Holidays and knew that having a pamper evening would help to relieve some of the pre holiday stress.
I am lucky that the hubby does help a lot. I am even going for a facial at the spa on the first day to make sure I am truly relaxed for the holiday. Here are some other ways you can make a holiday relaxing for everyone:
- Write pre holiday lists to save the stress of wondering if everything has been packed
- Schedule a grocery home delivery to arrive on your return home, the last thing you want to do is do is go shopping for essentials
- Pack activity bags for the children for the journey, we always pack a portable DVD player. The activity bags are also great to keep them occupied if you cannot get out at any point!
- When away take it in turns to get up with the kids, then both mum and dad will feel more rested
- Eat out
- Take time out together as a family, do an outdoor activity that everyone enjoys
- Laugh together! Laughter makes a huge difference
While on holiday it is important that everyone has a great time and makes magical memories, after all that is what holidays are for!
Disclosure: I was sent the pamper kit for the purpose of this post. No payment was received. All words, views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.