LV= have created the information below which give cyclists some fantastic tips on how to keep safe on the roads at this time of year.
Here are the tops tips that I have got from the information below:
- Run through your safety check list before setting off. Have you got on your reflective clothing? Are your lights fully charged? Are your brakes in full working order? Are your tyres at the correct pressure? These simple checks could save your life!
- Reflectors effectiveness decreases when dirty and wet so always keep them clean.
- The ideal tyre grip needs to be wide and smooth to maximise the amount of road to rubber contact on slippy roads.
- Fit some good pedal grips to prevent your wet shoes slipping.
- Having mud guards not only keeps you clean but also keeps the brakes and gears clean which keeps them working correctly.
- Rinse down your bike at the end of the day and keep your chain well oiled.
- Have regular services done on your bike. I did not know that bikes needed servicing but if you do it will inevitably keep your bike going for longer and safely.
- Last but not least wrap up warm in bright colours so that you can be seen.
Picture courtesy of LV= information can also be found here.
Disclosure: I received a cycle safety kit for the purpose of this post. No payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.