Here are a few of my tips for long journeys...
- Invest in a portable DVD player
- Have children's CD's close to hand
- Play games, good old eye spy will keep them guessing
- Pack up little bags of foodie treats, both sweet and healthy snacks
- Take regular stops to stretch everyone's legs and visit the toilets, the last thing you want to hear on a motorway is "quick I need a wee!"
- For the older ones make sure their tablet/Kindle/Ipod/games console is fully charged the night before leaving
- Giving them a box of loom bands will keep them busy
- Make sure you have their little necessities to hand like dummies, nappies, wipes, drinks the last thing you need is to be searching through bags
- Make it as relaxed and fun as possible, if you start to get stressed they soon pick up on it
- Then there is always a quick game of bingo for the adults if they get bored!
Most of all remember that you are all going on holiday and that you are all going to have a great time, creating new, happy memories. Don't start off with a bad journey!