It is nearly the weekend and time to think about some time to relax with the family and enjoy some good food. We all love pizza but we cannot always afford to be able to go out so when I saw that Iceland had launched a new range in collaboration with Pizza Express I was curious to see what they had done!
The new Pizza Express Artisana range is exclusive to Iceland and has been freshly frozen to retain the quality that you expect when eating at a Pizza Express restaurant.
What is different about the Artisana range is that it goes so much further than just pizza. Along with the pizzas they have also brought out a selection of Italian dishes as well as Italian gelato. Thanks to this range you can enjoy the full Pizza Express dining experience for a fraction of the price, without travelling, in the comfort of your home. So whether you decide to have a family feast or want to wait until the kids are in bed to enjoy a romantic meal together as a couple, with Pizza Express Artisana from Iceland you can.
I took a ride to our local Iceland to pick take a look and pick up a few products. When I looked in the freezer I was surprised by the choice of dishes and pizzas that were available. These pizzas are not your regular pizzas. Oh no! These pizzas have added extra touches to make them extra special. Gone are the days of plain cheese and tomato. The Pizza Express Artisana range offers you a delicious cheese, tomato and pesto pizza! The range includes...
- Caprina Goats Cheese and Tomato Pizza - Sourdough pizza base topped with tomato sauce,mozzarella cheese, goat's cheese, seasoned sun-dried tomatoes and basil pesto.
- Pepperoni Doppio - Sourdough pizza base, topped with tomato sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- Pomodoro Pesto - Sourdough pizza base, topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese , semi dried tomato and basil pesto.
- Polpette Bolognese - Sourdough pizza base with mozzarella cheese, beef meatballs, bolognese sauce and Roquito peppers.
- Hawaiian - Sourdough pizza base with a white cheese sauce, mozzarella cheese, pineapple chutney, smoked cooked formed ham and red onion.
Pizza Express Pomodoro Pesto Mozzarella and Tomato Pizza
In true Pizza Express style, the range of meals do not stop at pizzas. They also offer three pasta dishes that make the perfect accompaniment to the pizza. They have created the following Artisana pastas...
- Tripoline Beef Bolognese Pasta - A ragu sauce made with minced beef, red wine, mushrooms and dried porcini mushrooms with tripoline pasta.
- Baked Melanzane Aubergine Al Forno - Layers of grilled aubergine, cheese and bechamel sauce with tomatoes, topped with cheese and herb crumb.
- Prawn Linguine - King prawns with cooked linguine pasta and cherry tomato halves in a white wine, garlic and chilli sauce.
Pizza Express Baked Melanzane Aubergine Al Forno
All of the aforementioned meals can be cooked straight from frozen which makes them a fantastically convenient way to enjoy a restaurant quality pizza at home! Now, no Pizza Express meal would be complete without a dessert! What desserts do the Italians do best? When I think of Italian desserts I immediately think of gelato and tiramisu. It is what they do best. So when I saw the selection of desserts that Pizza Express has created especially for Iceland I was not disappointed!
- Sicilian Lemon Ripple Gelato - Lemon gelato with Sicilian lemon sauce and shortbread pieces.
- Tiramisu Gelato - Tiramisu flavour gelato swirled with coffee sauce and crumb pieces, garnished with fat reduced cocoa powder.
- Chocolate Fudge Cake Gelato - Chocolate gelato swirled with chocolate sauce and chocolate fudge pieces.
With all of these dishes you have everything that you need for a fantastic family meal!
So far we have tried the Pomodoro Pesto, Mozzarella and Tomato pizza and the Baked Melanzane Aubergine Al Forno. The pizza was so much better than your regular, run of the mill margherita and the pesto added an extra depth of flavour. We have to the Sicilian Lemon Ripple Gelato stashed away in the freezer for the weekend, but if it is anything like the quality of the meals I know it will be super yummy! Keep an eye out on my social media platforms as I will be letting you know once we have tried it!
To see the full range find your closest Iceland store and enjoy the Power of Frozen!
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post